Fun Things To Do
Find your fun in Colorado! Explore the links and resources below for great ways to get out and enjoy our communities.
Winter Fun Awaits!
- Snowdown – Durango, 2/1-5
- Snow Goose Festival – Lamar, 2/3-5
- Ice Climbing Festival – Lake City, 2/4
- Winter Carnival – Steamboat, 2/8-12
- Sweetheart Festival – Loveland, 2/10-11
- Pond Hockey Tournament – Lake Dillon, 2/17-19
- Carnivale & Mumbo Jumbo Gumbo Cook-Off – Manitou Springs, 2/18
- Skijoring – Silverton, 2/18-19
- Ice Fest – Cripple Creek, 2/18-26
- Mardi Gras – Denver, 2/25
- 303 Day – Denver, 3/3
- Ski Joring – Leadville, 3/3
- WinterWonderGrass – Steamboat, 3/3-5
Colorado Hot Springs
Visit one of Colorado’s premier hot springs! Rest, relax and renew after winter days of outdoor recreation.
- Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort – Nathrop, CO
- Iron Mountain Hot Springs – Glenwood Springs, CO
- Glenwood Hot Springs Resort – Glenwood Springs, CO
- Avalanche Ranch Hot Springs – Red Stone, CO
- Ouray Hot Springs – Ouray, CO
- Hot Sulphur Springs Resort & Spa – Hot Sulphur Springs, CO
- Strawberry Park Hot Springs – Steamboat Springs, CO
- Dunton Hot Springs – Dolores, CO
- The Springs Resort & Spa – Pagosa Springs, CO
- Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Spa – Buena Vista, CO
- & More!
Spotlight: The Great Sand Dunes
Did you know southern Colorado is home to the tallest sand dunes in North America? Great Sand Dunes National Park, located near Alamosa, has a few dunes towering over 700 feet! This national park has something to offer visitors year-round. Looking to shake things up this winter? Try sledding or snowboarding down snow-covered dunes. For all the details you need to plan your next winter adventure, check out UCHealth’s article “Great Sand Dunes National Park: Gaze at the stars or sled the dunes” article by Katie Kerwin McCrimmon.
The Great Outdoors
One of the great things about living on the Colorado Front Range is that we have easy access to one of the best outdoor playgrounds in the world, the Rocky Mountains. Couple that with community open space and trails, and you could spend an entire summer exploring. Check out some of the quick links below and enjoy!
- Explore Community Trails & Open Space: Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley, Windsor, Johnstown-Milliken, Estes Park
- Larimer County Open Spaces & Trails
- Weld County Open Spaces & Trails
- Poudre River Trail Corridor
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- The Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forests and Pawnee National Grassland
- Pawnee National Grassland
Be sure to check out our Community Calendar for a detailed breakdown of how you can support and connect with our communities!